The Good News about COVID19
Who’d have thought we’d be in this pickle – sanitising everything
Is there good news about COVID 19?
I sincerely hope that this blog finds you and your loved ones well.
We find ourselves in changed times. Who’d have thought we’d be in this pickle.
This COVID 19 is a bloody nuisance
Disruptive to life and business, as we know it.
Our team at Weedtechnics is staying well and keeping physically isolated in our own workspaces and in the workshop to keep things turning over.
We have given great thought as to how we can be part of the solution and help you to do the same.
Satusteam© kills viruses
Our unique Satusteam© is a patented process and very effective at destroying vegetation. We’ve always known and demonstrated that Satusteam© is also useful for cleaning and sanitising, but we hadn’t been pushing that barrow as the major feature. But we have done some research and now know that Satusteam© can play a part in the solution.
The good news is that COVID 19 is easily destroyed with heat.
HEAT is what we do best
Cleaning and sanitising public outdoor surfaces
Check out our test run video
Here’s what we know
- COVID 19 and other viruses can last up to 72 hours on hard surfaces.
- Viruses such as COVID-19 are destroyed at temperatures in excess of 65°C.
- Steam at a temperature of 77°C can effectively sanitise surfaces.
- The Satusteam© Green Ninja delivers at a temperature of 98-100°C.
- Disinfectant chemicals are effective but costly. They can have damaging effects on our environment.
Good news about COVID 19 – It’s destroyed by heat
Satusteam© targets a surface with a combination of boiling water and steam at 98-100°C – so 20° hotter than sanitising temperature.
Sanitising vs cleaning – you need to do both
We’ve checked on sanitising temperatures and the best advice we have found is from Food Standards Australia quoting a US standard. Here is a condensed version:
Cleaning and sanitising are separate procedures
Cleaning is a process that removes visible contamination. During the cleaning process, microorganisms will be removed. (But the cleaning process is not designed to destroy microorganisms.)
Sanitising is a process that destroys microorganisms, reducing the numbers present on a surface to a safe level. This is usually achieved by the use of both heat and water.
Cleaning and sanitising should usually be done as separate processes. A surface needs to be thoroughly cleaned before it is sanitised.
The Food Standards Australia advice for manual sanitation for utensils or food contact surfaces refers to the US Food Code 2013, which requires utensils and food contact surfaces to be immersed in water at a minimum temperature of 77°C for at least 30 seconds. To achieve this, deliver hot water of at least 80°C.
FOOD STANDARDS AUSTRALIA NEW ZEALAND SAFE FOOD AUSTRALIA – Appendix 6
Why we are different
Benefits of using Satusteam©
- High temperature, deadly for viruses
- Low pressure and minimal splash back
- No toxins, acids or foaming agents
Uses of Satusteam©
- Sanitising railings and gates
- Sanitising play equipment, soft fall, synthetic grass, bus shelters, park benches, BBQs and amenities
- Low pressure, high temperature is safe for painted surfaces
Satusteam© Green Ninja – $13,890
We are open for business and so are our many contracting customers. If you need an essential service provider in your area to sanitise high visitation areas during this time, we will put you in touch.
To order your own Satusteam© machine you can get started – call us 02 9986 1505
We’re all in this together
Please share. You may know someone who needs to clean and sanitise public outdoor places. Thank you
Book my personal online video demo
We can keep our distance and introduce you to your new labour-saving device.
Talk to the experts
Weedtechnics are the experts, who have developed the patented Satusteam© technology, right here in Australia.
Eliminate your exposure to COVID 19 NOW!
Call us 02 9986 1505
If you are keen to know more about this technology please give me a call on +61 2 9986 1505 or send me an email on [email protected].
Jeremy Winer has 30 years of practical experience in assisting councils, farmers and businesses implement an integrated, holistic approach to weed management across urban landscapes, recreational parklands and wetlands. He is principal at Weedtechnics, Australia’s only specialist network of companies providing chemical reduction and non-toxic weed control programs to municipalities across Australia. He has developed, patented, manufactured and commercialised the Steamwand method of creating saturated steam for vegetation control, which is one of a variety of recommended modes of weed control in the non-chemical weed control tool box.
Jeremy Winer has 30 years of practical experience in implementing integrated holistic approach to organic weed management across urban landscapes, recreational parklands and wetlands. He currently runs Weedtechnics specialising in providing chemical reduction and non-toxic weed control programs to municipalities across Australia. He has developed, patented, manufactured, and commercialised the Steamwand method of creating saturated steam for vegetation control.
- The Top Hidden Costs of Chemical Weed Control or Toxic Weed control
- Weedtechnics 7-Step Sustainable Vegetation Management Plan
- Can Steam Weeding Unlock the Hidden Wonders of Soil Microbial Magic
- CU Boulder’s Sustainable Weed Management Solution
- Cooking Weeds from the Roots with Satusteam™ Spike Kit – Saturated Steam Weed Control’s Best-Kept Secret Revealed!
- Unmasking the True Costs of Chemical Weed Control: The Hidden Dangers You Can’t Ignore – Weed Warriors, It’s Time for a Safer Solution
- Roundup’s Alarming Impact on Bee Populations and the Urgent Need for Safe Alternatives