1000 KM UNDER STEAM WEED CONTROL
GreenSteam Australia established in 2007 as an environmentally focused company, provides non-chemical weed control solutions to local governments and schools in the Greater Perth metro area.
Their operations are predominantly focused in non chemical weeding sector in engineered surfaces. Recently they have diversified their services, and have now established a Parks and Playgrounds division, to cater for the concerns of non selective chemical weed control in areas frequented by children.
The problem that Mr. Jonathan Grey- Director of the company, is solving for his clients is that they were unable to achieve organizational objective, because there was a gap between their sustainability, environmental and health policies and the process they adopted for killing weeds.
- Using Glyphosate containing herbicide for killing weed poses health and environmental concerns.
- Growing public awareness of the hazards of chemical weed control, which increased pressure on Councils to adopt non- chemical alternatives.
- There was some high-profile exposure of contamination of the water table by herbicides killing a large number of public trees.
- News regarding glyphosate being harmful to humans and environment started to get viral.
An association with Mr. Jeremy Winer from Weedtechnics and utilising a variety of hydro-thermal methods of killing weeds.
Opting for SW700 from Weedtechnics.
SW700 is Weedtechnics most compact and manoeuvrable unit. Greensteam Australia run a small fleet of 5 units and vehicles providing his clients with a cost effective & efficient solution for organic weed killing.
- Achieving both humanitarian and monetary benefit.
- Being able to undertake a range of diverse project.
- Steady Increase in business turnover. Currently managing more than 1000km of footpath kerb lines and traffic calming infrastructure.
- Providing reliable, efficient and professional service, whilst placing high emphasis on completing contracts within budget and on time.
- Eliminating his employee exposure to known toxins and saving costs associated with maintaining health & safety requirements.
- Achieving high level of repeat business.
- Being able to meet social, economic and environmental objectives, whilst providing efficient and viable solutions to local government for their vegetation management plans.